Friday, February 27, 2009

Mr. Jindal -Two Dollars Means a Snack For Me, But It Means a Big Deal to You



And to think that while watching last Sunday's Meet the Press, I was thinking 'Yikes, I kiiiiiiind of agree with him'...

I was getting comfortable with this little Louisiana governor questioning the idea of borrowing all of that stimulus money on the condition that his state permanently change its eligibility rules for unemployment. He argued this was not fair. That Louisiana would be spending a dollar over the long-term to borrow a penny now ... it seemed counterintuitive to me too, so I kind of agreed with him.

Only to read that he is talking about denying a drop in the bucket of the funds he is being handed. And this mandate about the rules may not be so permanent after all. He is just another squawk box. His response to the-love-of-my-life-Obams was horrendous, to say he paled in comparison is a cliched understatement. And in the end I am so glad he was chosen to be 'that guy', because the Repubs are clearly looking for their own messiah, thought they'd found him, and really maybe he would've looked alright at a fair distance ... but put him up next to The Man - the MAN - and he's going to look like the biggest loser at best.

Biggest Loser.

And worse yet, he rained on Slumdog's parade, and I am not happy about that. That was poor timing, Bobby! India cannot take over America in a week.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, do a youtube search for Jon Stewart talking about Jindal on the daily Show 2 nights ago. Jindal put out this awesome Mr. Rogers-esque video talking down to Louisianans and sounding like a total idiot. I'm glad you decided you don't agree with him :) PS Sweet Mr. Wendal reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...a game of HORSEshoes!

    (I know it's not the right song, but I couldn't help myself)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete